Yesterday may have been a public holiday, but I had so many tasks stacked up for today that I need another one. Now.
So, not much from me here today, except some brief thoughts:
1. The election turned out every bit as disastrously as everyone expected: the government was elected. Again. This always seems to happen.
2. My family managed a total of three vaccinations between us today. We’re all still alive. And will continue to be.
3. And this after I donated blood and my feet felt like I was wearing lead diving boots. Note to self: eat and drink more before chucking a pint their way next time.
4. I have #ProjectOrange work to do so I must go now. I know that only one person reading will know what #ProjectOrange is, and it’s him that needs the work from me. I’ll explain to the rest of you in good time.
5. That football, hey? Brian summed it up very nicely here and here.
Until tomorrow, then?
This time of year is always a little crazy. The end of the school year, prizegivings, concerts, visitors, shopping, general chaos.
It seems that 2018 will be no different. I was literally knee deep in the garden this afternoon, trying to redo the lights out there. Three blown fuses, two exploded floodlights and one electric shock later, I worked out where I had gone horribly wrong, righted it and all is now well.
Now all I need is some darkness to properly test them. And to plunge the rest of the household into if things haven’t gone quite right.
Yesterday’s post was received rather better than I expected. In fact, I only had one shocked comment about the general tone and language that was used. And that was Mrs 6000. She should know better.
As instructed, I re-read what I had written and I stand by it.
Go big or go home.
But if you do go home, make sure you have a torch at the ready.
Now. Let me get this straight.
The week is for working, the weekend is for chilling and relaxing.
If I remember correctly, the above statement paraphrases Henry Ford.
Yes, the car guy.
It isn’t working for me right now, Henry. I mean, I’m getting the first bit ok – that’s going really well.
But by the end of my weekends… I need… a weekend.
It’s been fun, it’s been busy.
I’m going to bed.
It’s been a busy n hours since we were last in touch, dear reader.
A birthday, several pizzas, a walk in the park, some new (but actually rather old) brandy, a million bags of lawn dressing, a decent roast dinner, two Star Wars films and absolutely no partridges in any pear trees.
It’s no wonder that I’m so knackered.
More tomorrow, once I have (hopefully) recovered.
Lab work, interviewing nurses in Somerset West, a Skype meeting that went on far longer than it should, home to braai and then pack for a short trip tomorrow (more of that… tomorrow).
It’s past 10 and I’ve only just sat down.
Probably best that you’re willing to settle for a photo of a heron on a tree top, then.
More from a (not really) mystery location tomorrow.